Throughout our lifetime, we experience many feelings, events, and opportunities. Although, a legal encounter might not be exactly what you had on your to-do list for the week.
At Phillips & Sellers, P.C Attorneys at Law, we want to spread awareness and tips for when you are caught in a situation that requires a lawyer. Whether it be criminal defense, DUI, divorce, or relating to family law, it is vital to do research and verify that your lawyer has the qualifications to represent your case.
How Do I Know if I Need an Attorney? – Is a Lawyer Necessary?
- If you are charged with criminal activity.
- Experiencing family problems such as divorce, child support, or guardianship.
- Going through the adoption process.
- Under arrest by law enforcement.
Georgia and Alabama citizens often find themselves in one or more of the above circumstances. If so, this is when you can take the next step in finding a lawyer that is best for your case. It might seem like a long road ahead, but if you hire the right professional you can feel confident that they will try and make this process as smooth as possible.
Many law firms, like Phillips & Sellers, offer consultations with their attorneys before you make a final decision. This is important because nothing gives you more of a first impression than a face-to-face meeting. After your legal consultation, hopefully, you found a lawyer with the qualities and expertise you were searching for.
3 Tips to Choose an Attorney – Picking the Best Lawyer
If this is your first time experiencing legal trouble then there is no need to worry, we have you covered. Here are a few tips on what to do after you choose an attorney:
- Schedule an appointment – After finding a lawyer you trust, it is now time to call and schedule an appointment to get things moving. This is necessary for seeking legal advice on your case.
- Be honest with your lawyer – It is crucial, to be honest with your lawyer. By being honest, this ensures that there will be nothing your lawyer doesn’t know that might get brought up in court. Not only does being transparent help you win your case but it also creates a positive lawyer-client relationship that benefits you in the long run.
- Stay in contact – Maintaining necessary communication with your attorney is also a must. They will notify you if actions need to be made, therefore, it is important to attend all meetings and answer all phone calls.
Time to Take Legal Action with Your Attorney
We understand that getting arrested or going through family trouble is never easy nor in the plans, but finding the right attorney can help make this a little easier on you.
So if you find yourself in need of a lawyer, try to stay calm and trust the process. The licensed professionals at Phillips & Sellers, P.C Attorneys at Law can help you get back to that to-do list and your regular routine.
To learn more, contact us for guidance and support through your legal matters.