family law, guardianship

We at Phillip & Sellers advise you to schedule a consultation appointment regarding your questions about choosing a guardianship lawyer and the initial petition. Also if you need the council filling out the other forms necessary to file for guardianship of a minor. Secondly, you will need to file all the forms completed to the probate court in your county.

After that process has been completed, you must notify these people that you are petitioning for guardianship:

  • The minor child if he or she is 14 years or older and has not yet consented
  • The parents of the minor child
  • The person who has cared for the child for the 60 days prior to filing
  • Any other person as directed by the judge of the probate court

Getting “notice” means that these parties must get copies of the court papers. Once all parties have been notified the court date will be set to approve or deny your petition of guardianship. This period of waiting can be stressful and having legal guidance through the process can give you peace of mind and be helpful.

For more information on what other forms are needed and questions, you have regarding guardianship lawyer contact us here.

Phillips and Sellers Your Guardianship Lawyers

Need assistance in family law? Phillips and Sellers Attorneys At Law are here to assist in your legal needs. We have family lawyers in Columbus, Georgia and we are ready to help. Schedule a consultation appointment with us today.

Please contact our law firm with questions about your divorce or family law issues in Columbus, GA. We’re here to help you with your legal needs. Please provide as much information as possible regarding your inquiry. While this contact does not serve to establish an attorney/client relationship, it will allow our legal team to begin an assessment of your case.

Note: The Alabama Bar requires we mention that no representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed by Phillips & Sellers, P.C. is greater than the legal services performed by other lawyers.

Family Lawyers Columbus GA